pregnant

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Waiting....................................

This "last" week has been super lame. My biggest issues are painful swollen feet and hands (they don't look as swollen as they feel, but they feel humongous), and excessive drooling during my sleeping hours (I've never heard of this as being a pregnancy symptom, but I've never had this problem before so I figure that's just gotta be what it is. And when I say excessive drooling, I mean that there is literally a huge puddle on my pillow every time I wake up for a bathroom break. It's pretty gross). I've also had some pretty sharp stabbing pains in my cervix here and there, because this baby has moved so far down into my pelvis that every time he moves he literally punches my cervix, either with his little baby (but powerful) fists, or his huge head. But that's about all the action that is going on physically. No contractions that I can feel, no water breaking. And although I'm calling it my "last" week, I now fear that that is not the truth. I have my "last" doctor's appointment on Thursday, my due date, so I guess we'll discuss induction and other options then. Apparently only 1 in every 8 babies is born before their due date, and Liam will obviously not be one of them.

I'm starting to get a bit discouraged with all this waiting around. I went from anxiously waiting for my water to break, to honestly pushing my due date to the back of mind, it's obviously going to pass me by. There is really nothing going on down there. I've been feeling like he was going to show up any minute now for the last 2 weeks, so I suppose I can't count on those feelings to mean anything. So I'm still just waiting. I have nothing to do really, I haven't planned anything for the days ahead because I thought I'd be in the hospital, but then I'm just left at home restless and bored. If I have to wait another week I really think I might go crazy.

And here's my latest belly pic, I think my face says it all:

Stats
39 weeks 2 days
Starting Weight: 132
Current Weight: 164
Waist @ Belly Button: 44.5 inches
Growth: 13.75 inches

All About The Baby This Week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family/Maternity Photos