pregnant

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Expansion and Tap Dancing

There are definitely some big changes happening inside my uterus this week. I felt pretty horrible last night; the worst nausea ever, my body was trembling a little bit, I had some chills. I just felt off. It was as if my body was preparing itself for some kind of transformation, kind of like what a werewolf goes through under the full moon. So I went to bed, hoping to feel better when I woke up. But early the next morning, although the symptoms from the night before had gone away, I was having some pretty painful cramping in my pelvic area. I could actually feel those muscles stretching from one hip to the other, being pulled really tight. Luckily it only lasted a few hours, but I'm wondering what might be in store for me during the rest of the week.

This baby has got to be a fan of rhythm. I can not stop tap dancing. I mean, I've always been one to tap dance in the kitchen or at the grocery store while waiting for something or making a decision, but this is way beyond that. I'm not just doing short little tap rhythms here and there, I'm doing full on combinations all day long. I don't mind it, I actually really miss tap dancing, so I guess I can thank the baby for getting me back into it, but I think it might be starting to drive TJ a little nuts. Maybe I should buy myself a new pair of tap shoes (which I've been wanting to do anyway), and go take a tap class.

I had my 2nd doctor's appointment yesterday. I mentioned to her my little bleeding incident from the other week, and I was right, it did get me an extra ultrasound, yay! She checked me out and said that my cervix was nice and closed, there was no bleeding, and everything looked as it should down there. The ultrasound showed our little baby's heart fluttering on the screen, so everything is great! The doctor tried to get me a decent picture to take home, but her head was in a shadow, and her body is just a blur. So I'm not even going to bother posting the headless blob picture I ended up with. I did take a belly shot this week though:




Stats
10 weeks 5 days
Starting Weight: 132
Current Weight: 131
Waist @ Belly Button: 33 inches
Growth: none since week 8 (although my eyes beg to differ)

All About The Baby This Week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family/Maternity Photos