pregnant

Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Cat's Out of the Bag!

So Thanksgiving is this week, and this is the week we decided to tell everyone the good news. I purchased Kash a shirt that has a picture of two elephants on it (one big and one small), and below the elephants it reads "Big Brother". The plan was to just let him wear it to Thanksgiving dinner, where most of our family would be, and wait until someone read the shirt and caught on. I wanted a shirt that had it written subtley, as opposed to having big bold neon letters, because I didn't want everyone to notice it right away. Well, I didn't have to worry about that at all. If TJ hadn't told his Mom to check out Kash's shirt, I don't think anyone would have ever read it. Actually, com to think of it, I don't even think anyone would have noticed if the writing was in big bold neon letters. Part of this is due to the fact that apparently all the adults in our families can't see a thing without glasses, and none of them wear any. So once TJ's Mom had her daughter read the shirt for her, others began to wonder what the excitement was about, and I wasn't about to just tell them and let my $10 shirt go to waste; so I told everyone they had to read Kash's shirt. Although everyone was super excited for us, they seemed to be frustrated that I wouldn't simply tell them the good news, and that they had to read it off Kash's shirt. It's not our fault you don't wear your glasses! So, I think I'm going announce all of our news from now on, on T-shirts :) Oh, and I must point out that my Grandma was most excited of all. I was sitting on the couch when she came to congratulate me. I thought she was just going to give me a hug, but after she put her arms around me, she picked me up, off the couch, and held me while my legs dangled above the ground before placing me on my feet. Grandma must be working out.

And happy day!; I think my morning sickness has hit it's peak, and is slowly starting to dwindle away!! On Thanksgiving morning I woke up and stumbled to the fridge to get Kash his morning cup of milk, and when I opened that refridgerator door, the smells were so potent that I turned around and immediatly threw up in the sink. I was completely caught off guard. The smells in the fridge usually make me gag, but not until later in the day; morning, up until now, had been when I felt my best. And even with the all the gagging I've been doing the last couple of months, I hadn't yet thrown up. So that morning, I was actually quite terrified that my morning sickness was getting even worse, especially since I threw up again just a few hours later. But as the week went on I seemed to be able to stomach just a tad bit more than usual, and I've been able to pick back up on my exercise routine, so things are looking up! I was definitly feeling better during my three days of Thanksgiving (we celebrated Thanksgiving Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with different groups of people). I think this was just simply due to the fact that I kept myself completely stuffed full of food the entire time. An empty stomach always makes me quesy. But that gave me the false hope that I had kissed morning sickness goodbbye, it's definitly having a hard time parting with me...

All About The Baby This Week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family/Maternity Photos